What is Personal Information?
Personal information refers to information that can identify a customer based on the name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, gender, family structure, etc., provided by the customer.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company may collect customers’ personal information to the extent necessary to properly provide various services, etc., to customers. The purpose of use shall be specified in advance and acquisition shall be made by fair and appropriate means. (Please note that if personal information is not provided, we may not be able to provide some services properly.)
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the personal information provided by customers for the following purposes. Personal information will not be handled beyond the scope of the following purposes of use.
- To answer inquiries from customers
- To send materials related to various services, etc., inquired by customers
- To appropriately provide various services, etc., requested by customers
- To develop new products and services as well as improve and enhance our business based on customer comments and requests
- To contact a customer for whatever reason should it become necessary
Personal Information Retention Period
The Company shall set a retention period for customers’ personal information that is within the scope necessary for the purpose of use, and delete customers’ personal information without delay after the retention period has elapsed or the purpose of use has been achieved.
Entrustment of Personal Information
The Company may outsource the handling of personal information to a third party to provide better services. Subcontractors who are recognized to handle personal information appropriately shall be selected, and they shall properly manage personal information, maintain confidentiality, prevent re-provision, etc., in order to prevent leakage of personal information of customers, etc.
Handling of Special Care-required Personal Information
The Company will not acquire special care-required personal information (information such as race, beliefs, social status, medical history, criminal record, whether the individual has been victimized by a crime, and other information that requires special care in handling so as not to cause unfair discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantages to a customer) of customers, etc., except in cases where the details thereof are specified in advance and the consent of the individual is obtained, or when based on laws and regulations, etc.
Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will not provide or disclose to any third party any personal information provided by customers, except in the following cases.
- With the consent of the individual in question
- If disclosure of the personal information is required by a legal order, etc.
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When entrusting the handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
- In a succession of business due to merger, company split, business transfer, or other such reason
- When it is deemed appropriate for our affiliated companies or subcontractors to respond to inquiries regarding products and services from customers, etc. However, in such cases, the customer may request that the Company stop providing the personal information to the affiliated company, etc.
The Company understands that personal information is information entrusted to us by customers, and we recognize that it is our responsibility to prevent its leakage and manage it safely.
The Company will review and revise our efforts under this policy as needed to further protect customers’ personal information. Revisions to the policy will be posted on our website as needed.
Requests from Customers for Disclosure, Correction, or Deletion of Personal Information
If a customer requests disclosure, correction, deletion, etc., of personal information, after confirming that the customer is the principal or an agent, the Company will respond promptly and to a reasonable extent in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. Please enclose/attach documents that allow us to verify your identity (such as a copy of your driver’s license, passport, insurance card, etc.) and contact us via the physical or email address listed below.
Revised:August 15, 2023
Hiroaki Ito, President and CEO
PAPANETS Co., Ltd. Customer support
Hours: 9:00 to 17:30 (Monday to Friday)
PAPANETS Koshigaya Building 9th Floor, 1-5-17 Koshigaya, Koshigaya-shi, Saitama-ken Japan 343-0813