Handling of personal information
PaPa Net’s K.K. (hereinafter called “the company”) acquires personal information that is necessary for its work in order to carry out the work smoothly. The company exercises great care in its handling of personal information, based on its Personal Information Protection Policy.
1.Purpose of using personal information
In its business activities, primarily in logistics services, the company uses customers’ personal information only as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information is used.
Note that in every case where the company acquires personal information directly from the customer, the company clearly informs the customer as to the purpose for which the information will be used.
In a case where the company acquires personal information directly by some other method, as well as in a case where the company acquires personal information indirectly, such as from a public source or from a party other than the customer, the company uses the personal information only as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information is used.
(1) Description of the company’s work
1. Inspection patrols of buildings and containers
2. Arranging for furniture delivery, assembly, and installation
3. Sales of electrical equipment for household use, air conditioning and heating equipment, communications equipment, furniture, and interior decorative products
4. Planning, development, and sales of software and hardware
5. Sales of interior design goods, etc.
6. All work incidental to the work described above.
(2) Purposes for which personal information is used
1. To provide the freight forwarding services that customers desire through our estimates, Web site, direct mail, etc.
2. To develop new products and services, and to improve and enhance our existing products and services, by having customers answer questionnaires about their opinions, needs, etc.
3. To conduct business with our customers smoothly and appropriately by maintaining close contact with them in the course of doing our work.
4. To appropriately execute work we have been commissioned to do by another company, group., etc.
5. To contact customers regarding their inquiries, opinions, etc., and to respond to those inquiries, opinions, etc., as well as to send invoices and the like.
6. To conduct investigations and surveys to verify the identity of a given party, and to respond to that party.
7. To hire employees.
8. To manage employees.
2. Entrusting of personal information to other parties
In order to provide better service, the company sometimes entrusts personal information to another party. The party to which the personal information is entrusted has been confirmed to handle the information appropriately. The party to which the personal information is entrusted takes appropriate steps to control the personal information, preserve confidentiality, prohibit the disclosure of personal information to another party, and so on, such that the personal information of customers and others is not leaked, corrupted, destroyed, or the like.
3. Providing of personal information to third parties
The company appropriately manages the personal information it acquires from a customer and does not provide that information to a third party without first obtaining the customer’s express permission to do so. Note, however, that exceptions will be made in the following cases:
1. In a case where a request to disclose the information is made by a legal authority such as a law enforcement agency, a court, or the like, the company shall disclose the information based on the relevant laws.
2. In a case where it is necessary to protect a person’s life, physical safety, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the party whose personal information is to be disclosed, the company shall disclose the information.
4. The voluntary nature of the providing of personal information and the consequences of not providing personal information
The items of personal information that the company collects are all provided to the company with the consent of the party whose information is being provided. However, in a case where necessary items are not provided, the absence of those items may create problems in the handling and processing of the portion of the information where those items are missing, such that the collected information does not serve the purpose for which it was collected.
5. Disclosure, correction, deletion, and halting the use of personal information
A customer can request that the company disclose or provide notification to the customer of any personal information about the customer that the company possesses, as well as the purposes for which the information is used. When necessary, the customer can also request that the information be corrected or deleted, or that the use of the information be halted.
A customer can also make complaints and comments regarding the company’s handling of personal information and the company’s personal information protection management.
In a case where the company receives a complaint or comment regarding these matters, the company shall inform the customer of the procedure to follow to request disclosure or the like and shall respond appropriately and as promptly as is reasonably possible.
Please make inquiries regarding personal information to the office listed below.
March 1, 2014
Make inquiries regarding personal information to the office listed below.
PaPa Net’s K.K., Personal Information Consultation Office
Phone: +81 048-960-5088 Fax: +81 048-960-5080